DIY Firewood Cart

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazimere

Oct 29, 2007
Delmarva
I made this firewood cart from a Dolly i picked up at a yard sale for 5 $. Added a piece of scrap metal to make the bottom wider,
and a piece of plywood on the back. Cut an old piece of galvanized pipe and bolted it to the chassis for a
hinged leg that folds up when not in use. I load it as i split, and roll it right into the house : ))

Attachments

• IMG_3642.JPG
    IMG_3642.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 2,577
  • IMG_3633.JPG
    IMG_3633.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,484
great idea.

Nice job! If my stove was more efficient, I'd adapt that idea. But the 20 pieces of wood shown wouldn't get me very far.... But again, good ingenuity.

Psycho, thats just what i use to move the wood inside. I keep better than 1/2 a cord by the stove.

Attachments

• IMG_3401.JPG
    IMG_3401.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 958
Caz said:
... I keep better than 1/2 a cord by the stove.
I wouldn't want to doubt anything I read on Hearth.com, but based on the posted photo...
...am I the only one that finds it unusual to have 1/4 cord of unsplit rounds indoors next to the (quite attractive) stove? Does Mrs. Caz allow this? (Or shouldn't I bring that up?)
Just curious.

[/quote]
QUOTE: Grampajohn: I wouldn't want to doubt anything I read on Hearth.com, but based on the posted photo...
...am I the only one that finds it unusual to have 1/4 cord of unsplit rounds indoors next to the (quite attractive) stove? Does Mrs. Caz allow this? (Or shouldn't I bring that up?) :QUOTE
[/quote]

She did mention it once.
I helped her pack : )

Nice setup but I find the small wheels on those barrel-cart type two wheelers make for a bit of a challenge rolling on irregular ground or getting up stairs. The carts with bigger bicycle size wheels tend to handle rough ground a bit better, and are easier to horse up stairs... However if you don't have to deal with such things, no problem, and certainly can't beat the price...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.