Do I have good stove? Can run for 14+ hours on a single load of cottonwood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Do you know how many square feet?

Just my opinion, it really depends on whether you want it to be your main source of heat or not. After your addition I think you will be in BK King territory, or another large stove that is designed to run on a 6" pipe if you don't want to upgrade yours to 8". A Princess, or any other similar sized non-cat for that matter would probably be adequate if you're only using occasionally to supplement your main heat. I would not recommend the Ashford if you want to try and cook on top of it.

Quick question. I have the same stove and get no where near your results. This is my second season with it. We are lucky if we get 3-4 hours out of it. We are burning hardwood ash and some oak and maple. We are not sure what we are doing wrong at all. How do you load yours? How much wood do you put in at once? Do you happen to have any pics of how full you make it? I have seen where some people put 3 pieces in and say they get a burn from it. Thanks it’s hard to find others with the same stove.