Do pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
Inserts use a clean out tee??? the ones free standing stove use??

Thanks JW

johnnywarm said:

Thanks JW

Check for fit first off. All depends where the exhaust is located. Either way you will have to pull the unit out to clean it or build a door to access.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
johnnywarm said:

Thanks JW

Check for fit first off. All depends where the exhaust is located. Either way you will have to pull the unit out to clean it or build a door to access.

Eric

Eric is it optional???it seems a waist when you need to pull the stove out anyways

johnnywarm said:
kinsman stoves said:
johnnywarm said:

Thanks JW

Eric

Eric is it optional???it seems a waist when you need to pull the stove out anyways

Yes.

I do not use on unless the customer demands such.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
johnnywarm said:
kinsman stoves said:
johnnywarm said:

Thanks JW

Eric

Yes.

I do not use on unless the customer demands such.

Eric

Ok thank you. Big E is Running Flawlessly the last 5 days - zero out.now its warmer 32.

My insert has a clean out tee. Yes, you have to pull the stove out to access it, but how often do you really need to clean the vent pipe anyway?

CygnusX1 said:
My insert has a clean out tee. Yes, you have to pull the stove out to access it, but how often do you really need to clean the vent pipe anyway?

One to two timers a year

CygnusX1 said:
Yes, you have to pull the stove out to access it, but how often do you really need to clean the vent pipe anyway?

At least twice a season. More if the pellets produce excessive ash.

CygnusX1 said:

My owners manual says to clean the vent pipe after every ton, and at the end of the burning season.

macman said:
CygnusX1 said:

My owners manual says to clean the vent pipe after every ton, and at the end of the burning season.

I clean mine twice a year ,and to be honest, there's so little ash in the tee that I could get by with doing once a year. I guess it probably depends on the pellets you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.