Dolmar 5100 bar upgrade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jashcroft

May 5, 2009
Western PA
I bought a Dolmar 5100 last spring and have been very happy with it's performance, but there's been some situations where a 20" bar would have come in handy (I currently have a 18" bar). Therefore I would like to pick up a 20" bar and chains to go with it. Is there any problem running a 20" bar on this saw? The owner's manual lists a 20" bar as an option, so I'm assuming it's OK, but I thought I'd get some thoughts from people who may have experience with this. Also, any recommendations on what kind of bar to purchase?

Thanks

I had and sold a Dolmar ms5100 that had a 20 inch bar. It worked fine with a 20 inch bar.

basswidow said:
I had and sold a Dolmar ms5100 that had a 20 inch bar. It worked fine with a 20 inch bar.

Any particular reason why you sold it? Did you have problems with it?

More of an issue with the dealer. I'll PM you.

I needed a bit more bar once in a while. I 'solved' the issue buy buying a HD rental Makita 6401. They make a great pair.

ATB,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.