Done with 11/12 and 12/13!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
My latest Black Locust score has just about filled my 1/4 acre to capacity. I have about 4 cords Black Locust and about 1/2 of Ash, Oak and other for 11/12 and the 5 + of Oak I had planned on burning 11/12 will now get another year of seasoning. I have the best wood supply ever!
Here's the 4+ for 11/12.
DSC06575.jpg

From the other end.
DSC06574.jpg

This is the only space that I have left.
DSC06578.jpg

I have 12/13 and 13/14, just need to split, Id be as happy as you once I get mine split, weathers getting hot, might be time for a hydraulic.

Steve, that is good news for you to get ahead like that. Maybe you can make it over to the Woodstock party this year.

Is there a date for the party yet? The bottle of pickled Garlic that we bought in Quichie, VT (about 15 minutes form Woodstock Soapstone) went bad before we could eat 'em. I told Mrs. Flatbedford that we have to go back.

I don't have a date for the party yet. They used to have them in August but I know last year it turned out really good to have it in September. I"m hoping for September again because August is peach time here.

September can be very busy at work for me. Last year I was working 6 and 7 day weeks night and day in September and late August. Too bad they don't do it in June. I have all the time in the world now.

I'm sort of thinking they might use the party to introduce the new stove.

Makes sense.

That is alot of work there looks good still working on my goal of 12 cords, which is 3 yrs burning for me .

Good Luck

I'm a cord short for 14/15 and figured it was too hot to get anymore but this weekend might be nice enough to quick get that last one done.

Backwoods Savage said:
I'm sort of thinking they might use the party to introduce the new stove.

Does anyone have a Hearth.com Get together??? To the OP, Sorry for the Hi-Jack. (1st and Last post here) Someone in the "Pellet Mill" Forum said something about one (For Pellet burners). I didn't know If Wood-Burners did the same? Would be nice to have a Central Meet and Greet. Puts a Name to a Face. We would all have something to talk about (Duh... Wood and Stoves!!) I am sure a Central location could be had by any Member here. I would gladly host it. But I don't know if I am "Central" enough. Just wondering..... Now back to your regular scheduled thread......

Dexter, there were a few guys met in Wisconsin one time and there were a few of us up at Woodstock last September. There has been talk a few times about a get-together this summer. Even Craig has talked about a get-together and also a tour of a stove builder or two. Nothing has come together yet as far as I know but it would be nice; just tough to find a meeting place where lots of folks can go but distance can be a problem. For example, we went to Woodstock but it was 1,000 miles to get there. However, it was worth the drive as we really enjoyed it and got to meet a few from hearth.com.

Backwoods Savage said:
Dexter, there were a few guys met in Wisconsin one time and there were a few of us up at Woodstock last September. There has been talk a few times about a get-together this summer. Even Craig has talked about a get-together and also a tour of a stove builder or two. Nothing has come together yet as far as I know but it would be nice; just tough to find a meeting place where lots of folks can go but distance can be a problem. For example, we went to Woodstock but it was 1,000 miles to get there. However, it was worth the drive as we really enjoyed it and got to meet a few from hearth.com.

Being my 1st year as a member, I didnt know if there was a "Un-Spoken" Party/Get Together? Yes the location could be difficult. But I would be willing to take a 3-4 day (Thurs-Mon) weekend and make a Vacation out of it. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Flatbedford... Very nice stacks you have there. Good looking wood. That is a Great problem to have.

I see your woodpile is also secured by a guard dog. If he's anything like my lab, firewood is a tasty treat that is beyond his ability to resist. I loose more wood to that worthless dog, but he's still a good boy!

He usually runs of with the little chunks or the bark when I am splitting. I wish he could learn to stack though.

Flatbedford said:
My latest Black Locust score has just about filled my 1/4 acre to capacity. I have about 4 cords Black Locust and about 1/2 of Ash, Oak and other for 11/12 and the 5 + of Oak I had planned on burning 11/12 will now get another year of seasoning. I have the best wood supply ever!
Here's the 4+ for 11/12.
DSC06575.jpg

From the other end.
DSC06574.jpg

This is the only space that I have left.
DSC06578.jpg

Nice Job can you give me a hand for 2011-2012?

DexterDay said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Being my 1st year as a member, I didnt know if there was a "Un-Spoken" Party/Get Together? Yes the location could be difficult. But I would be willing to take a 3-4 day (Thurs-Mon) weekend and make a Vacation out of it. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Flatbedford... Very nice stacks you have there. Good looking wood. That is a Great problem to have.

Hold a party in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, or maybe northern Colorado, & I might attend... anything back east is too far of a trip for me (it takes about 500 miles just to get from where I live to the eastern state line)

I'm centrally located (between the Americas and Eurasia), and if you came here, I'd let anyone who wanted to try out my X25!

All of my on-property birch is now stacked, 98% split. Still have 1-1/2 cord coming to make up a boggled delivery (pd for 3 cords, got 1-1/2 cut to the correct length, and another 1/2 cord too long for my stove (by up to 7 inches). Seller said he'd put it right--haven't seen the wood yet, but I wanted to get this stuff worked up and out of the way before I got another batch.

Three cords that were cut in March, two cords (and eight more coming) that were cut and split this summer, so with the 1-1/2 cord (knock on wood) that should take care of our `hot wood' needs for about five years. And if I'm very lucky, 2011-12 will be one of those five. Hoping that the March-dropped birch will season over the summer.

And my dog helped today, too. Due to her age and experience, she has moved up to a supervisory position. We're both wiped out tonight. Hoping that sleep works its magic, as I need to hit the ground running again tomorrow.

Where's Wendell? I think he was the one who organized a get-together in Wisconsin. It would be nice to have several get-togethers because we are so far apart.

Right here!

I did. We ended up just having a "social" get together and I think those that attended had a nice time but it was hard to get interest since we didn't have a place to run saws.

Having been to a number of GTG's held by AS members, many people will come from 300+ miles away. In my experience, without saws, we had one person come from about 70 miles away but the rest were all mostly local.

I think you may have more success if you can hold your GTG along with an established event to get more interest.

If I had the space to play and some trees and wood around, I would host, but a suburban 1/4 acre lot isn't the ideal place for a hearth GTG.

I have a couple acres...........

Saws or not it would be nice to have a get-together.

EDIT: I'd drive to Jay's too .

Status
Not open for further replies.