Door handles...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow&Flame

Minister of Fire
Jun 6, 2011
Central Arkansas
Just interested in knowing if anyone on here had ever built a new door handle for your
stove. I was looking at the Alderlea T5 insert and thought it would look good with a
nice wooden handle instead of that black one it has...maybe a cherry, rosewood or a burl.

So are you going to turn one on a lathe or just have a dull beaver chew one out? :)

The wooden handle on OUR stove door, was all nice and yellow when we bought it.............

Now..........it's black with use.........

Either way, you end up with a black handle; wood or not.

-Soupy1957

Knobs on the flat black jotul come black, to me looked like over spray. So i sanded and stained. More work than i bargined for trying to sand, but looks soo much better.

RNLA- O but what I could control animals and make them do my bidding...yep, turn it.

Soupy- Just thought it might look better...wouldn't do it right off, but it would make a
good project down the road.

StumpB- I just think nice wood sets off flat black so well...will have a closer look at the
PE door handle when its installed.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.