Door seal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Iraklas

May 13, 2022
Gate91992
Hi everyone, you seem to know a lot about fireplaces and i would like to hear your opinion. As you can see in the picture of my 3 sided fireplace there is no sealing between the lifting door and the fireplace body. It's a new fireplace that i have used only for a season and i only noticed this recently. The dealer responded that this is normal and it doesn't affect the fireplace's performance. I'm not sure thats correct as air is allowed through the fire chamber. Should i go for a thicker gasket? The fireplace is from a German brand called Spartherm and the model is premium 80 rl. Thanks

FA7F1BDB-D148-49EF-B7AE-A242B01A4345.jpeg

The dealer probably knows more about this product than we do. Fireplace doors often don't seal perfectly tight.