Tonyray Posted By Tonyray, Jan 30, 2019 at 6:17 PM

1. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    be burning some Northern warmth premium firs next couple nights just to compare to my EZBlaze super softies.
    I seriously don't exspect the firs to be really hotter than what the blaze are..6" from the distribution vents is as close as i can hold my hand without getting scalded.. I think any hotter would be barely measurable...
    lower to zilch ash is what i truly exspect from the firs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. scajjr2

scajjr2
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Dec 9, 2010
    Loc:
    Kingston, NH
    Burning some Northern Warmth Supreme doug fir. I find they put out a little more heat and hardly any ash compared to the Vermonts I also burn.

Sam

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Tonyray likes this.
  3. Phil Do's fire.

Phil Do's fire.
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 16, 2012
    Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    Have you ever tried AWF ultra premium white pine? Virtually no ash and hotter that the Blazers.

4. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Blazers don,t exist anymore pretty sure

5. Phil Do's fire.

Phil Do's fire.
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 16, 2012
    Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    I picked up the last ton of Blazers available this fall. Also burned the easyblaze, not bad the AWFs were better

6. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    EasyBlaze super premiums are lot less ash than reg easyblaze.
    anyways, the douglas firs did not seem to be any hotter than the EazyBlaze...
    both we're scorching hot at the dist blower vent.

7. Phil Do's fire.

Phil Do's fire.
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 16, 2012
    Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    Tony, how much did you pay for the Easy blaze super premiums? Our local guy 45 miles from me sells them for $335.00 a ton.

8. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    259.00.. my dealer has an early spring buy every April...in full blown winter like now, they are 299.00......

Damn.. didn't realize I'll be buying my next winter stash in couple months.

9. Enviro Mini Owner

Enviro Mini Owner
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2013
    Loc:
    East Hampton, NY
    I bought the expensive (and in Long Island even more expensive) Northern Warmth Supreme Doug Fir this year for the first time, I have liked Okenagen Premium before, and I find the Northern Warmth the hottest and cleanest pellet I have ever used. Then I had a problem with my auger, turned out I needed a new motor, but during the period of investigation I tried a different pellet. Green Supremes, the only pellet close by from Lowes. I know different pellets work well for different stoves but I was so surprised by the OK heat the GS put out but man are they dirty. I would really appreciate some suggestions for good American soft wood heat that is not so expensive.

10. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 6, 2014
    Loc:
    New Hampster
    Matra.
    (From Quebec) Available here.

11. Enviro Mini Owner

Enviro Mini Owner
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2013
    Loc:
    East Hampton, NY
    Thanks, I had never heard of them. Will get a few Try them out.