Dovre 425 Heatilator gas stove needs logs what can i do ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

adamb09

Nov 22, 2022
ny
Dovre 425 gas stove missing the wood logs wondering if i can purchase some non specific logs and make it work.

You shouldn’t but that’s your call. You stove was designed and tested with a log set engineered to provide realistic flames based on a specific burner style. That log set allowed the gas ports of the burner to create flames that were unrestricted by their placement over the burner. Your chance of finding a replacement set meeting that criteria is pretty slim. I checked a couple of online sources for replacement Dover 425 log sets without success.

You shouldn’t but that’s your call. You stove was designed and tested with a log set engineered to provide realistic flames based on a specific burner style. That log set allowed the gas ports of the burner to create flames that were unrestricted by their placement over the burner. Your chance of finding a replacement set meeting that criteria is pretty slim. I checked a couple of online sources for replacement Dover 425 log sets without success.
Thanks it's a beautiful stove that I want to purchase but it seems like not a good idea. It's a Shame I can't find replacements if anyone can locate replacements please let me know.

So the person i was going to buy this from put the unit out on the curb so i recieved it for free. Its really a beautiful unit it just doesnt have the logs. There has to be a way to get these logs is there anyone out there that restores these types of units there must be a way. Any reccomendations to make this beauty work woud be appreciated. Thank you unit is a dv425 Nat heatilator model GA374567. I believe the interior is missing lava rocks and logs im not sure what goes where if anyone has any photos of how this should look i really would appreciate. I know its a shot in the dark but It cant hurt to ask around. Thanks

309884167_5190236957752820_3724709682793624794_n.jpg 316160755_522180753130101_8388965853716830814_n (1).jpg 20221122_165829.jpg

Last edited:
So the person i was going to buy this from put the unit out on the curb so i recieved it for free. Its really a beautiful unit it just doesnt have the logs. There has to be a way to get these logs is there anyone out there that restores these types of units there must be a way. Any reccomendations to make this beauty work woud be appreciated. Thank you unit is a dv425 Nat heatilator model GA374567. I believe the interior is missing lava rocks and logs im not sure what goes where if anyone has any photos of how this should look i really would appreciate. I know its a shot in the dark but It cant hurt to ask around. Thanks

View attachment 303591 View attachment 303595 View attachment 303596

Reactions: adamb09

View attachment 303591 View attachment 303595 View attachment 303596
I think i have a used logset for that stove.
Send me a better picture of the burner pattern.

Reactions: DAKSY