Hi guys, I haven't been here in a long while... We also haven't burned much in the past few years The last couple of summers, my wife has commented that when the AC is on, there's a musty/organic smell in the room with the insert. This happens to also be the closest room to the furnace so we just chalked it up to our a/c blower unit needing a good cleaning and never did much about it. This summer, my wife spends all day in the room with a new born and the smell is driving her crazy. She has determined that the smell is coming from the fireplace itself and not the insert. Ive confirmed this too, there's almost no smell in the insert w the door open, but its very pungent at the top of where the surround meets the brick. How do I fix this?? Other info that may or may not be useful I have a full liner. We bought the house in 2005, and called a chimney sweep. The sweep commented that he would guarantee our house would burn down if we used the fireplace. do to the condition of it. He gave us a 15k estimate to fix it. A few years later we got an insert and haven't had a problem.