Drive by for pellet heads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
Frequently on the knot so regular forum there were those who bragged about free wood fonds. Sort of rubbed it in to us who have to pay for our processed burning material. Well, that's no more. Last weekend I answered a local add for pellets at $1. That may have been a little deceptive as it turns out. The couple making the pellets available were very honest. They had a 10 year old stove, no longer manufactured and were unable to get parts, and wanted the pellets out of their shed. Even offerred me the stove, but I was not interested. Anyway, the bags were four or five years old, and literally falling apart. So, we rebagged them, loaded about 3/4 ton in the van, and I went to pay, and he wouldn't take my money. Said he appreciated the help clearing the shed and hoped it helped me with my heating needs.

BTW, the pellets were made by a local producer, who has let his quality slip, lately. They burn wonderfully. Free heat through Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, especially the pellet heads.

Awesome score ,man, like me & the 360 wood pallets I had delevered free to my drive way
from a company that didnt want to pay dumping fees & thanked me for it.

Except, that I'm all sore and achey all over from busting up 150 pallets with a sledgehammer for the past two weeks & still have 210 pallets left 2 bust up.

Pellets are a lot less work ;-P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great score UR! Now let's see you split and stack those little buggers....Oh, wait....Wrong room...

MrGriz said:
Great score UR! Now let's see you split and stack those little buggers....Oh, wait....Wrong room...

I've been working on stacking, but seems I have offended the affende. May not be hear soon to give life and joy to you'All. Thanks for the shout and the giggle, giggle. Hope things go well for you all on the new forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.