Driveway widening 101?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
I have for some time now wanted to widen my driveway near the house. I rented a backhoe and had at it. It was only my 2nd time driving and working a backhoe and while i could have done better it came out okay.
what do you guys think.

renowork003.jpg
starting
renowork004.jpg

renowork005.jpg

renowork006.jpg

renowork007.jpg
stoning continues
renowork008.jpg

renowork009.jpg

renowork013.jpg

renowork014.jpg
Done...
last 2 pics were taken today after i rolled it down with the cub cadet

Cost 400 for bakhoe and 300 for 44 tons of stone. I will put down 30 ton of crusher run #2 after winter.
total cost 700 bucks.

An excavator like that is good healthy fun. After you run one, a backhoe becomes tedious.

SolarAndWood said:
An excavator like that is good healthy fun. After you run one, a backhoe becomes tedious.
I would not want to do it for a living for sure way to many knobs and petals fo me.. and no cruise.....lol Took me some time to figure things out.

That's a really well done cut and fill.

I have a JD 2520 with a backhoe and there have been a number of times while nibbling away at a project I wish I had a track excavator.

I've only bumped a coupla trees so far.

House is still on one piece ? :)

Nice job! Looks like a great place for firewood processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.