Drolet Eco-45 Model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Louise2

Mar 12, 2017
Quebec
O appears on my control Board. Manual says the L-250 manual reset high temperature switch has tripped.
Remedies - Using the owner's manual, locate the L-250 high temperature switch. There is a red button located on the back of it. Press the red button. My problem, I don't see any red button. Can anyone help, as it is Freezing out and house is getting pretty cold

Sorry I missed you yesterday Louise. First off, you need to unplug the stove then open the cabinet to access the wiring inside. Page 12 of the manual shows the filter for the convection blower. There appears to be a snap disc on the convection blower housing and then another one just above it that has the red button. You might find it will trip again unless you find out why ... stove needs cleaning in the internal pathways and exhaust venting? Running on real high heat for a long period of time? Convection blower filter needs cleaning or is failing?

Hope that helps. Keep us posted... Welcome to the forum!