Drolet Eco 55 ST - ignitor issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Solitaire

Jan 31, 2022
Princeton, BC
Hi all, I bought the Drolet Eco 55 - ST pellet stove in 2017, and every winter it lets me down - its been a real lemon. I live in a small rural town, so don't have much access to repair people. Being a woman, I think I have been ripped off the few times I have managed to get someone in. This year I keep getting the FL code, indicating that the ignitor fuse needs replacing. I checked the fuse and its fine. I contacted Drolet, and they said I need a new ignitor. I have one, but am not sure how to replace it. Is this something I can do myself, I am quite handy? Any tips? Many thanks. Solitaire

Update, I took a chance and located the ignitor, its changed and working... woohoo..

Last edited:
Hi all, I bought the Drolet Eco 55 - ST pellet stove in 2017, and every winter it lets me down - its been a real lemon. I live in a small rural town, so don't have much access to repair people. Being a woman, I think I have been ripped off the few times I have managed to get someone in. This year I keep getting the FL code, indicating that the ignitor fuse needs replacing. I checked the fuse and its fine. I contacted Drolet, and they said I need a new ignitor. I have one, but am not sure how to replace it. Is this something I can do myself, I am quite handy? Any tips? Many thanks. Solitaire

Update, I took a chance and located the ignitor, its changed and working... woohoo..
Where did you find where the ignitor was attached in the stove in order to replace it? I can not find it on my stove ECO-55 ST, nor can I find any instructions on how to change it.

Where did you find where the ignitor was attached in the stove in order to replace it? I can not find it on my stove ECO-55 ST, nor can I find any instructions on how to change it.
Hi 22Lemon55 - its fairly easy - remove the side panel where your control box is - you will see a metal/foil concertina type pipe, similar to the ones that you have on a dryer - undo the clamp and pull the pipe back, and you will see the ignitor to your left - and a cord running to the right. You unplug it at both ends, and simple plug the new one back in. I found the foil pipe to be very fragile, and it already had a big hole in it, whichis probably why I was having other issues with the stove. I simply wrapped it with foil tape for the time being. Hope this helps.

Like you i live in a small town out in the middle of noware.. I always keep a spare ignitor, and all the snap disks for my stove. If i have to order the stuff it takes a week or 2 to get it up here. Cheap stuff to keep on hand especially if you hit amazon or ebay. The new ignitor i just installed works better than it ever has and even lights faster than me manually lighting

Like you i live in a small town out in the middle of noware.. I always keep a spare ignitor, and all the snap disks for my stove. If i have to order the stuff it takes a week or 2 to get it up here. Cheap stuff to keep on hand especially if you hit amazon or ebay. The new ignitor i just installed works better than it ever has and even lights faster than me manually lighting
Hi zrock - its a good idea to do that and keep spare parts on hand. I found that my stove works better than ever since I replaced the ignitor, and taped up the hole in the foil pipe - i have had years of problems with it until I did that..