Drolet ECO-65 exhausting in OFF Mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone..
Just discovered this site with tons of info.
I'm finishing installing (chimney) after a lot of preparation of the room
to get the space to install the pellet stove, a complete revamp of the furnace room.
Will complete the install hopefully by the end of tomorrow, still have to get thru the concrete wall.

So I wanted to see what the panel had to say and connected power to it
and no pellet in it ;) and I noticed that after giving me the software version
of the board, I think the auger went for a while and stopped.
But where I went in question mode is that I noticed that the chimney vent was exhausting air even if I was in the off mode????
and wondered if this is normal, I thought that OFF was completely OFF....

The stove has not burned anything yet, new from the store....

Anyone can shed some light on this???

Regards..

Don't know about your stove (someone will chime in) but on the Quadrafires, when you first plug them in, the exhaust blower will always turn on for a period of time as a safety precaution (I guess). That is one way to start the exhaust with the stove off and you are cleaning it. That way dust won't go out into the room and will be blown out the exhaust instead. Perfectly normal for my stoves. Good luck!

tjnamtiw said:
Don't know about your stove (someone will chime in) but on the Quadrafires, when you first plug them in, the exhaust blower will always turn on for a period of time as a safety precaution (I guess). That is one way to start the exhaust with the stove off and you are cleaning it. That way dust won't go out into the room and will be blown out the exhaust instead. Perfectly normal for my stoves. Good luck!

Yep.... Also does this to ensure to smoke evacuation in the event of a power failure. When power is restored to the unit. The blower will kick on to remove gases/smoke.

Ive been looking into the Drolet-65 (Enerzone Euromax), please give us a full detailed review, with pics ;-P, once the unit is up and running. Its 2 blower exhaust system has me looking at it really hard for a new stove this Spring (Combustion blower and exhaust blower).

Looking forward to pics.. Welcome to the Forums.

tjnamtiw said:

Now that I have 24 hrs experience with it ;) , I can confirm that mine is doing the same.
Regards

Got any pics we can see??

Very interested in this model......

DexterDay said:
tjnamtiw said:

Yep.... Also does this to ensure to smoke evacuation in the event of a power failure. When power is restored to the unit. The blower will kick on to remove gases/smoke.

Ive been looking into the Drolet-65 (Enerzone Euromax), please give us a full detailed review, with pics ;-P, once the unit is up and running. Its 2 blower exhaust system has me looking at it really hard for a new stove this Spring (Combustion blower and exhaust blower).

Looking forward to pics.. Welcome to the Forums.

So far so good with 1/3 bag, the fire at 2 generate a very good heat, specially
in the furnace room (90F).

The glass seems to be willing to stay clean, the cycle/procedure of the stove
had me confused a bit when not used to it, Shut it down after a quick run last night
and started it back this AM without my intervention :) and did well.

Here's hopefully a picture (first time posting one)...

Attachments

• IMG_2626 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2626 (Large).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 525
Status
Not open for further replies.