Drolet ECO 65 with a Crosslink conversion kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Mine was still operating without issues as of last fall. Still blending corn with pellets. Got smart and stay in South TX for winter.

BumbleBee...pump running at 6.8GPM. My Fan is constantly running so the temperature holds the same at either -7C or -30C. Of course at -30C it runs longer on 4 before returning to idle (1) but my Thermostat handles it very well with a fluctuation of.5 degree. the temperature
stays a 72F with shorter or longer cycle at idle depending on outside temperature.

BumbleBee...pump running at 6.8GPM. My Fan is constantly running so the temperature holds the same at either -7C or -30C. Of course at -30C it runs longer on 4 before returning to idle (1) but my Thermostat handles it very well with a fluctuation of.5 degree. the temperature
stays a 72F with shorter or longer cycle at idle depending on outside temperature.

Can you get the temp up to 130 F and slow down the pump? This will give you a larger Delta from water entering and leaving.? This way you may extract more heat out of the stove heat exchanger.

Can you get the temp up to 130 F and slow down the pump? This will give you a larger Delta from water entering and leaving.? This way you may extract more heat out of the stove heat exchanger.
I could and I did brought it up to 140f with an aquastat running with the fan on the furnace at Off, I'm not sure
but I will check to see If I can run the pump at a lower number, but I think this is the lowest I can do with it. I didn't like it as I could feel a much bigger difference in temperature in the house during it's ON and OFF cycle.

Last edited:
How much pellets do you burn in a day doing that?
Between 1 and 2 bag. colder it is more it burns, we don't seem to be able to win on that one. Basement and upstair (2500SQ/feet)
Set at 4 or 3 doesn't seem to make a difference, set at 4 it will run shorter cycle before turning back to idle(1).
I'm always amaze to see it going to idle when -30C outside.

2 bags of pellets over a day averages out to 26,000 btu/hr. Of input potential. Not output.

You stove max burn rate is 7.6lb/hour, and optimum efficiency is 80%, per specs. Which would be 48,000 btu/hr MAX output.

A 20°dt in water flow at 6.8 gpm is 65,000 btu/hr - IMO defying physics & your stoves potential & available fuel & coil heat transfer ability.

Something isn't adding up in the figures posted unless I really miss understood something in what was posted.

2 bags of pellets over a day averages out to 26,000 btu/hr. Of input potential. Not output.

You stove max burn rate is 7.6lb/hour, and optimum efficiency is 80%, per specs. Which would be 48,000 btu/hr MAX output.

A 20°dt in water flow at 6.8 gpm is 65,000 btu/hr - IMO defying physics & your stoves potential & available fuel & coil heat transfer ability.

Something isn't adding up in the figures posted unless I really miss understood something in what was posted.
I'm Not sure either what your point is or that you don't understand.. The one thing I can add to my numbers is that it is not running
on 4 setting constantly, when the heat demand is met it turns to idle and depending on temperature sometimes it will be for 15-20 minutes. On idle the output water is at 100F...

I'm Not sure either what your point is or that you don't understand.. The one thing I can add to my numbers is that it is not running
on 4 setting constantly, when the heat demand is met it turns to idle and depending on temperature sometimes it will be for 15-20 minutes. On idle the output water is at 100F...

BTW.. Have you had to change your lighter???? I have the first series #222 and they sent me the retrofit kit with a 300 watts lighter under a new burn pot and I haven't been successful at lighting it on without my help with a torch,,, just not enough heat in my opinion if I compare to the original 500watt with the vacuum pump.... Regards

Just that a 20dT flow at 6.8gpm would be impossible for a coil in a pellet stove to maintain. That would be 65,000 btu/hr, which is 35% more than the total heat output capacity of your stove at max burn.

So if I understood something in the numbers you posted - well, that would be what I am not understanding.

btu= delta T X 500 x GPM I agree wil maple something is off. I dont think you can get 20 temp across the core. I say 7-10 degrees max.