Drolet ECO 65.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost need a connection port like the intake air, with a adjustable damper so that the user could just plug in a duct on the back of the furnace and install your hepa filter unit separately, or close it and use the internal air for the blower source. It might have to be a 6" duct or bigger to get the volume of air, maybe a air pressure switch that would put the auger feed rate to low and display a warning message "clean air filter" Thanks for showing interest in the filtering feature, might help sales.

Moving on to another topic, I heard rumors that the gaskets need to replaced quite frequently on the firebox as they tear easy.. Should we be stocking up on gaskets?

Moving on to another topic, I heard rumors that the gaskets need to replaced quite frequently on the firebox as they tear easy.. Should we be stocking up on gaskets?
This issues is IMHO going to be found in every stove that has litherm gaskets. You only get about 1 shot with them. I keep spares on hand for my blower motor JIC.

This issues is IMHO going to be found in every stove that has litherm gaskets. You only get about 1 shot with them. I keep spares on hand for my blower motor JIC.

The first time I did maintenance on my ECO 65 I used a blade to scratch off the original paper-type gaskets and I used the high temperature silicone (-85F to 650F) to seal it off. It will cost you 20$ for a tube, but it will be a pain to remove when you do your maintenance again. I had to pry the covers off the stove when I did maintenance for the upcoming winter season. The downside to using silicone gaskets is that it might smell a little bit for the first few weeks when the temperature in the stove goes higher.

Reactions: DV
The first time I did maintenance on my ECO 65 I used a blade to scratch off the original paper-type gaskets and I used the high temperature silicone (-85F to 650F) to seal it off. It will cost you 20$ for a tube, but it will be a pain to remove when you do your maintenance again. I had to pry the covers off the stove when I did maintenance for the upcoming winter season. The downside to using silicone gaskets is that it might smell a little bit for the first few weeks when the temperature in the stove goes higher.
Much cheaper than buying new gaskets. Did you only do 1 side? And do you have a tight seal? No leaks?

Much cheaper than buying new gaskets. Did you only do 1 side? And do you have a tight seal? No leaks?

I did both sides. I cleaned and sealed with high temperature silicone the three clean out traps on one side, and one on the other side (control panel side of the ECO 65). The silicone did a lip all around the traps when I drilled the screws back in, so I'm thinking it's a tight seal - I made sure I tight the screws again manually with a screwdriver... I have not experienced any leaks so far.

Hey, great thread. I just ordered my eco-65, and looking forward to it. Lots of great ideas.
I am ordering the plenum kit, as I need to move air around upstairs into two other rooms.I`ll post back when I get it all going.
Thanks folks.

TSC Stores had a great sale.. $1999..:)
Also home hardware in Barrys bay has one they will do a fair price.. about $2450
Performance Wood Burning in Pembroke.. a little more and it is the enerzone max unit

Hey, great thread. I just ordered my eco-65, and looking forward to it. Lots of great ideas.
I am ordering the plenum kit, as I need to move air around upstairs into two other rooms.I`ll post back when I get it all going.
Thanks folks.
Hello Scott,

I have the ECO-65 installed with the Plenum Kit... Please note that the "plenum kit" does not include the plenum itself... haha. I was not a happy camper when I received the package by mail. Anyhow, I found this retired sheet metal guy that custom made it for me - the minimum requirements are 15" high if I remember well from the vendor's documentation - I got mine made 24" high. Let me know if you would like help on the installation or pictures of how I installed mine. You must follow the vendor's requirements if you wish to have it WETT approved. If you do not follow them, you will not pass inspection and your home insurance will not cover for your pellet stove.

Joey

Reactions: Love the Heat
Hello Scott,

I have the ECO-65 installed with the Plenum Kit... Please note that the "plenum kit" does not include the plenum itself... haha. I was not a happy camper when I received the package by mail. Anyhow, I found this retired sheet metal guy that custom made it for me - the minimum requirements are 15" high if I remember well from the vendor's documentation - I got mine made 24" high. Let me know if you would like help on the installation or pictures of how I installed mine. You must follow the vendor's requirements if you wish to have it WETT approved. If you do not follow them, you will not pass inspection and your home insurance will not cover for your pellet stove.

Joey

Thx Joey.... always nice to see picture.
I've went exactly as did for installation...

Love the heat, how is the eco-65 holding up for you?????????
Doing good, the eco is on a marginal break right now. I had done the pot gate as we talked
earlier and decided to remove it as no benefit. The baffle is still in.

My main system is a Heat pump/Oil and I'm in the middle of replacing the oil by a Propane furnace.
So right now I'm burning all that saved oil before shutting it down.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.