Drolet escape 1800-I - Can nickel trim be removed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fourthbean

Oct 17, 2021
N. Texas
Here I go again! Found a Drolet 1800-I package that includes the liner and faceplate at l & M supply. Problem is the faceplate is the one with nickel trim. Does anyone know if that trim is removable? I could get it at discount stoves with the non nickel trim but it would be a few hundred more ironically.

I suppose worst case I can buy with nickel trim and go back to get the face plate separately and would still be a better choice $ wise.

Has anyone bought the trio from Drolet with the liner? Any issues? Noticed the cap doesn’t have a screen which I thought was odd. Might have to replace that.

I do plan to get an insulation kit for the liner.

Here I go again! Found a Drolet 1800-I package that includes the liner and faceplate at l & M supply. Problem is the faceplate is the one with nickel trim. Does anyone know if that trim is removable? I could get it at discount stoves with the non nickel trim but it would be a few hundred more ironically.

I suppose worst case I can buy with nickel trim and go back to get the face plate separately and would still be a better choice $ wise.

Has anyone bought the trio from Drolet with the liner? Any issues? Noticed the cap doesn’t have a screen which I thought was odd. Might have to replace that.

You could just paint the nickel trim as well

Reactions: Fourthbean

If we are talking about the insert then yes the trim is separate. Surround Panels have folded edges. Just installed my trio. Have not lit a fire yet. No issues with mine other than baffle arrived broken. Power cord is on left side of blower. Liner does not seem heavy. Was not expecting that for the price. If I was to burn 24/7 with it I would skip the trio and just get insert and source heavy weight liner and insulation separately.

23D11171-9A6F-4288-809E-693935D2AA02.jpeg

If we are talking about the insert then yes the trim is separate. Surround Panels have folded edges. Just installed my trio. Have not lit a fire yet. No issues with mine other than baffle arrived broken. Power cord is on left side of blower. Liner does not seem heavy. Was not expecting that for the price. If I was to burn 24/7 with it I would skip the trio and just get insert and source heavy weight liner and insulation separately.

View attachment 283590
Awesome! Yep we won’t be using it like someone in Minnesota for sure. I believe our outlet is on the left so that’s convenient. Happy to hear of someone that’s pleased. Might be about to pull the trigger, waiting on a local company to tell me what the have available just in case they can help me.