Drolet HT 2000 vs Englander NC 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corey148

Oct 4, 2012
Western MD
Can anyone provide some insight on these stoves? How well are they built, warranty, how well do they heat, and efficiency? It appears they tend to be good stoves, just looking for some first hand experience. As always, thanks for any input!!!

Do a search on the Drolet HT2000. I think there was a previous thread on this topic.

I would go with the NC30 as you can get them for around $899, as the HT2000 is around $1300-$1400.

I seen Home Depot has the NC30.

Price is king with these stoves and the Englander is much much cheaper.

Reactions: DuelburnJake
Price was the main reason I went with the NC-30! I looked at and researched both of these stoves and price, and reading how much everyone loves englander's customer service is also a big plus. I have a Lennox/ country stoves pellet stove too and the customer service is night and day between the two companies. I can't vouch for Drolet, but ESW does have some great people working there to help out.

My ht2000 has been great and lowes, had it on sale and with military discount it was right around 1k. I've used it one full season now. Load it in the mourning and then again before bed. Easy to run and keeps the house plenty warm. I think you wont go wrong with either. Pat

Both Companies make a real good stove you cant go wrong with either one, if you like the looks of one over the other or you can get a deal on one go for it.

Make sure you have good dry wood under 20% moisture content using a moisture meter you can get at Lowes for like $30.

These advanced stoves have to have the dry wood to get the temps built up in them to the point that you get secondary combustion up in the top of the stove around the secondary air tubes. If you are using poor quality wet wood you will go nuts trying to get the stove to work and your burn times will be shorter as you will burn aot of the wood with the input air wide open just trying to build the heat up in the stove. Then you wont be able to set the stove at its lowest setting for a over night burn as the wetter wood wont stay burning at lower input air settings. All these stoves have been tested to meet EPA standards and alot of them have also been UL standards approved. They all burn well if you use dry wood. Some may be 76% efficient and some cat stoves may be a little over 80% efficient. Are you gonna notice that difference most likely not. But if you use wood thats over 20% moisture content you will for sure notice the decrease in performance so the wood supply is more important. I would even suggest to use wood under 18% moisture content. Remember this its the secondary combustion burning the smoke gases up in the top of the stove thats getting you alot more heat out of these stoves. Plus its that fact that these stoves can burn at such lower input air settings that make them more efficient and not flushing heat up the flue. As at those lower input air settings the air flow thru the stove is greatly reduced, which means the heat stays in the stove longer and has more time to radiate out of the top and front of the stove. Ok I will shut up now. LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.