Drolet HT2000 owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MN~Nice

Jan 22, 2018
Minnesota
Lots of different threads on here, but all seem to become a comparison between NC30 and drolet with heavy input from NC30 users. I just want to know of any pro's/cons with the Drolet as they just went on sale at fleet farm for $1000 and I think I am going to pull the trigger to replace my Kuuma 1 add on furnace.

I havent found anything in my research saying its a bad stove in anyway except maybe that the blower can be a bit noisy but in reality its in the basement and I am used to the sound of the big Kuuma humming away already.

Just want some opinions from current drolet users here on heat output, chimney fouling, ease of operations, etc....

Lots of different threads on here, but all seem to become a comparison between NC30 and drolet with heavy input from NC30 users. I just want to know of any pro's/cons with the Drolet as they just went on sale at fleet farm for $1000 and I think I am going to pull the trigger to replace my Kuuma 1 add on furnace.

I havent found anything in my research saying its a bad stove in anyway except maybe that the blower can be a bit noisy but in reality its in the basement and I am used to the sound of the big Kuuma humming away already.

Just want some opinions from current drolet users here on heat output, chimney fouling, ease of operations, etc....

Just to add, I was in heavy favor of a BK, but given the location in my house and of course price I think I would be just as satisfied with an economical non cat option.

Love the stove. Very easy to use and I have had no issues with excessive creosote buildup. The c-cast baffle is very durable, I’ve hit many times loading the stove and it is no worse for wear.

You should be able to get 9-10 hr burns fairly easily with oak. It makes PLENTY of heat. It’s a big stove. The top of the stove is also has a shade thicker steel than the NC-30.

My blower doesn’t seem noisy to me... no rattles or anything like that. Seems pretty typical as far as noise goes.

Pull the trigger! That’s a good price.

. 97DC6C9B-37FF-4E01-B3FF-00C0C57DA14D.jpeg

I would guess the Drolet would would be higher output than the 30-NC, based on the EPA numbers. Some don't think the EPA numbers are to be relied upon, and certain numbers seem like they might be flukes. For the stoves I've run, the numbers are useful for comparing the outputs of those particular stoves.
Since I've been harping on the numbers, no one has yet posted "I've run these (however many) stoves, and this is how I would rank them, although those numbers don't reflect that."
The SBI HT-2000 numbers are confusing but I would trust the "HT2000, Solution 3.4" number. Looks like a serious heater to me.
I have seen a couple of the smaller Drolets at Menards, and they looked like decent construction for the money. The C-cast baffles are tough. As T-roy mentioned, that 5/16" top is beefy! _g

Some don't think the EPA numbers are to be relied upon, and certain numbers seem like they might be flukes.

The EPA numbers are derived from a standardized process to make it easier to determine and compare efficiencies and emissions. It's not 100%, but definitely better than anything else out there, say the marketing numbers.

Don't know about the HT2000, but I installed a Drolet Escape 1800 in my outbuilding this year and it is a great stove. Finally ordered the blower last week which showed up today. Don't have it installed yet, so not sure about the noise, but it looks well built. I actually considered the HT2000 because it didn't cost that much more, but for the size of the room, I'm sure it would have roasted me out of there. Dry wood is a must or it will burn like crap.

Don't know about the HT2000, but I installed a Drolet Escape 1800 in my outbuilding this year and it is a great stove.

Could I ask where you bought your Escape 1800? I am way down here south of Madison and the closest one I have found is Gary Indiana!

Could I ask where you bought your Escape 1800? I am way down here south of Madison and the closest one I have found is Gary Indiana!
Menards (HQ Eau Claire) carries Drolet. ==c

Does the $1000 include the bower? I paid 650 for the NC30 but the blower it came with was not good. I upgraded the blower and really like the stove. We cook on ours alot, not sure if you can cook on the HT. Like others mentioned your wood will need to be dry. My NC30 has been pretty much bullet proof but I think the HT is nice also if you don't intend to cook on it.

I ordered it through Home Depot. It must have been their last one because when I looked on their website the next day, it said unavailable. Out of curiosity I looked around online and Gary IN was the closest I could find as well. That was late November/early December.

Reactions: ole

I think they must've redesigned something on the 1800 because SBI wasn't shipping them earlier this month. Their website now says that they can fulfill orders in about 5 days. The Menards SKU is/was 638-1390, you could try giving that to someone to see if they can order it.

Otherwise, WoodlandDirect has the 1800 for about $1600 and free shipping. Comes out of metro Detroit, so should be 2 days once it leaves the warehouse. Don't quote me on that but I know the shipping lanes.

Pulled the trigger today, out the door price with stove, blower, and thermodisc kit was under $1300 after all the price matching. Now just have to wait a couple weeks for it to come in.

Reactions: ole
Pulled the trigger today, out the door price with stove, blower, and thermodisc kit was under $1300 after all the price matching. Now just have to wait a couple weeks for it to come in.
I think you’ll really like the stove. Report back after it’s installed and let us know what you think.

I ordered a Drolet Escape 1800 today. L & M Fleet stores had a 10% sale going so I jumped. Pedestal model with brushed nickel door. Next step is a class A chimney. My son is going to help me with the chimney.

003A906C-0D32-483D-9BA8-64811EA1B02D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mike M.
Don't know about the HT2000, but I installed a Drolet Escape 1800 in my outbuilding this year and it is a great stove. Finally ordered the blower last week which showed up today. Don't have it installed yet, so not sure about the noise, but it looks well built. I actually considered the HT2000 because it didn't cost that much more, but for the size of the room, I'm sure it would have roasted me out of there. Dry wood is a must or it will burn like crap.

Did you install that blower yet? If so, how do you like it?

I did install it, and it was worth it to me. At first I was a little underwhelmed by the amount of air it moved, but it really helps to heat the area up faster when starting cold. Can also run the stove harder without it overheating. The noise isn't great, but isn't horrible. The fan itself doesn't make much noise, but the sound it does make sort of reverberates through my jacketed stove making it more noticeable. Not any worse than any other blower I've ever heard though.

Reactions: ole and Mech e