Drolet myriad 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wyomingwoodburner

Aug 27, 2017
Lander, wy
Last winter I bought a US stove and it had no way to control air, it was just wide open all the time and burnt a lot of wood. I'm going to menards next week and noticed they have the myriad 2 in stock. I've done some research but there isn't a hole lot out there for this stove. Is it really worth my time or should I go with something more expensive? We only have pine around here so I'm stuck burning it. I want a stove that will keep me warm till morning without getting up in the middle of the night.

Drolet makes good value stoves, far better than the basic US Stove line. The Myriad is a serious big heater. I was not that fond of the baffle design on the original but the 2 series has adopted the c-cast baffle design of its relatives in the Osburn line which is a nice improvement.

When I bought that stove I did my research and all the reviews were good. So I bought it and they were all wrong, it was a horrible stove. Either they had no idea what a stove should do, or it was US stove reviewing their own product.

Love my myriad. Will move that one to my new shop we are building. My myriad is 4 years old. No issues. Easy to control the burn and heat. Will cook us out of our 1500 sq ft house when it's below zero outside. I may buy the myriad 2. Definitely not afraid of the drolet products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you may have an issue with all stoves that have a manual air control (especially epa stoves since you cant slow down the secondary reburn air unless you block the inlet holes with foil tape or magnets)
What's your setup like? How long is your flue path? You burning ultra dry pine? Do you have an outside air connection that you can put a shut off valve on to slow the incoming air?

So, new update. I bought the stove, and I got a 11% rebate from menards and drolet.ca is giving me a rebate of $150!! Awesome deal in my opinion. So at first look I like everything about the stove. The door handle latches tight and smooth unlike the us stove. It also has incredibly amount of room for wood. I like how the primary air is at the bottom of the fire box also makes it way easier to get a good burn. I even started a small fire just to burn off the oils, and my wife got upset because it lasted for 6 hours and 50 degrees out ha. It was way easy to light with the bypass on it. Had incredible control for air. It may not be the best stove on the market or the prettiest but I can already tell it will fit all my needs. Also I'm moving the us stove out to the garage. I figured it does put out great heat, so it will fit my needs there.

The Myriad 2 is a nice design. I think you'll love that big bad stove.

They're both good stoves. I like that they put the c-cast baffles on the M2.

So, new update. I bought the stove, and I got a 11% rebate from menards and drolet.ca is giving me a rebate of $150!! .

How did you get a $150 rebate for the myriad II? I just looked at their website and they are only offering $100 for wood stoves and $150 for wood furnaces.

Did you contact them and they offered you more?

I currently have the Englander 30. It is a really good stove. Puts out a lot of heat. But, I am looking to sell it and get a Drolet simply for the fact that the Drolet stoves are easier to build a hearth for.