Drolet wood furnace any good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type "heatmax tundra" in the seach box in the upper right corner. Lots of reading, mostly in the boiler room.

There is a 46 page thread at AS.

Reactions: Stillson lives
what type of furnace u have

I don't. I have a boiler. Info in my sig.

So you replaced a boiler with a furnace?

That furnace should heat 1000 sq.ft. without too much problem.

yeah it shouldnt have no trouble something is not righe the blower wont stay in long to heat the house.

I think my Tundra is equipped with a 110f on 90f off snap disc. Upon reloading on a medium coal bed the blower will turn on in 5-10mn and stay on for the first 2-3 hrs of the burn depending upon the mix of wood. Lower side if ash/soft maples, higher if oak/locust. Check what snap disc is installed, earlier units had higher temp snap discs that are not ideal.

hi will your blower stay on when the damper closes. my blower will stay on if i got the drafter open ,when it closes the blower wont stay on long. uyour furnace burn much wood. i was talking to sbi the company he going to send me one like you got ,mind got. 140 on 120 . with my blower will run for 5 min then shut off after drafter close

hi will your blower stay on when the damper closes. my blower will stay on if i got the drafter open ,when it closes the blower wont stay on long. uyour furnace burn much wood. i was talking to sbi the company he going to send me one like you got ,mind got. 140 on 120 . with my blower will run for 5 min then shut off after drafter close

Yes the blower stays on after the inlet damper closes. I typically have the damper open 20-30 minutes for a reload and then it's closed. Are you getting good secondary burn after the damper closes? If the flames completely die shortly after the damper closes you didn't get it charred enough/furnace hot enough or your wood is suspect. (the wood has to be less than 20% moisture content - can not stress this enough)

Reactions: laynes69
how many hours will your furnace run on 1 full up

I'll have enough coals for restarts after 8-10hrs. I'm heating 3400sq ft so once outside temps drop below 15F the furnace cant maintain inside temps for that period of time but I knew that when I bought it - it was the only modern wood furnace that was available in a reasonable time frame.

oh yeah im getting realy good secondary burn , im burning dry birch that is the best wood here for burning. its burning good when it shuts down , its like one big red senders but for some reason the blower wont stay in long. onless its a faulty thero disc

there got to be something going on with mine i cant get that long out of one fill up. i have 6 cord of wood gone in 3 1/2 months. i have the keep my drafter open all the time for the blower to stay on. my house is only 1000sq feet.

there got to be something going on with mine i cant get that long out of one fill up. i have 6 cord of wood gone in 3 1/2 months. i have the keep my drafter open all the time for the blower to stay on. my house is only 1000sq feet.

If maintaining good secondary burn the blower should be pretty much running full time. I know mine does.

Status
Not open for further replies.