Drolet Woodstove Baffle Material

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Buck Miller

Dec 6, 2021
Penna.
I Have a Drolet Escape 1800 Woodstove, The baffle is Cracked and I'm Going to Replace it. Just Wondering if Anyone On here Has used anything Other than the Factory Baffle, Like Ceramic or Steel, Ect. ??. Thanks

So the original is vermiculite. I think..

I were not getting OEM I would try this one.

I don’t think sheet metal will work well.
Lynn Manufacturing Replacement SBI Baffle Board for Century, Drolet, Enerzone, Flame Energy, Osburn 21389, 2503A https://a.co/d/abFlPAe

I will say mine arrived cracked in half, a nice clean crack right down the middle front to back, and I have left it that way.

I Have a Drolet Escape 1800 Woodstove, The baffle is Cracked and I'm Going to Replace it. Just Wondering if Anyone On here Has used anything Other than the Factory Baffle, Like Ceramic or Steel, Ect. ??. Thanks
The Osburn equivalent of the same firebox uses a C-Cast baffle instead of vermiculite. It's Osburn part #21389.

Reactions: EbS-P