Drying Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following with interest.

I think if the cordwood is stacked criss cross, column after column it will probably get dry. If it is packed really tight I am not optimistic that the middle will be burnable in one season.

Good luck, i am not sure i would wait until autumn to check MCin the middle of the cube.

Also interested to see how this works.

The free water in the wood will come out relatively easily, it's the bound water that could be the tricky part. You'll probably get most of it down to maybe 30% pretty easily (as you get closer to the middle, it'll probably be higher). After that, it's all dependent on humidity levels in the shed. Worst case scenario, if it stays just under 90% (which is high) you can get to about 20% MC eventually...just don't ask me how long it'll take.

Status
Not open for further replies.