dump trailer owners.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAY_PA

Feeling the Heat
May 13, 2008
Northeastern PA
Its time I get a little more serious about making a purchase of a dump trailer. It will be for firewood, gravel, mulch, sand, and to haul the Polaris Ranger 4X4 on occasion. I have used a 6X10 and a 5X8 in the past. I am leaning to the 6X10. Brand doesnt matter to me, and I dont care about color or fancy stuff. Any suggestions on brands OR brands to stay away from? Any suggestions on must have add-ons to look at? I'd prefer to buy used and save a few bux...right?

I use a 5X8 PJ Dump Trailer (single axle) that a very close friend of mine owns, he looked at many different units and decided on the PJ because it seemed much heavier than its counterparts. The smaller size and the single axel make it easier to haul with a 1/2 ton truck or SUV and when it goes to the landfill we still get charged residential tipping fees instead of commerical. I am towing it here with a 96 1/2ton burb, but I also use my 3/4ton Crew Cab, It had breaks and with the truck loaded up I can get nearly a cord home safely. I know PJ makes several different units and all seem to be really good quality.

http://www.pj-trailers.com/trailers.cfm

Attachments

• trailer & Burb.jpg
    trailer & Burb.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 333
  • fiskars 006.jpg
    fiskars 006.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 300
Ive seen a bunch of dumps for sale in the last few weeks .
6x10 10000lb is a nice size for a home owner with a 250 series truck .
A duel wheel 7000lb trailer will work all so .
I use my 7x12 1200lb most of the time but the smaller trailer makes a big difference in fuel economy when pulling empty.
I like ringo trailers in PA they are good people . John

Status
Not open for further replies.