Duravent Chimney Extension Doesn't Fit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

devros

Oct 2, 2017
Boston
I recently bought a house, with what I was told was an all Duravent chimney system from the stove up through the roof. I needed to add more draft, so I ordered this piece to add 3 FT to the chimney last season.

DuraVent-6DT-36SS

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DuraVent...Tech-Class-A-Chimney-Pipe-Double-Wal/27016678

It looks like it should fit perfectly, but was about a few MM short in diameter to properly slide/screw into the existing chimney. Did Duravent change their specs slightly(this setup is probably 30 years old now) or is this likely some other brand. If another brand, any thoughts on what that might be and where the best place to get a section that will fit?

thanks,

-ed

At 30 yrs old, possibly. Older might be DuraChimney. Then it became Simpson DuraVent.

Or maybe the chimney pipe is not DuraTech? If you can take some pictures of it maybe someone can ID the pipe. Include the chimney cap and the current chimney pipe end.

You might call DuraVent support to ask this question.
Residential Product Technical Support
Monday – Friday, 7am PST – 4pm PST
Tel: 800-835-4429

Last edited: