Dutchwest 2460 right side crack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rockvillian

Sep 12, 2019
Virginia
I have a 2460 with crack on right side. It looks like that part may be available. Now, how to disassemble the stove. Has anyone performed this replacement? If so, I am badly in need of guidance to execute same. Thanks

is that model a downdraft type stove? If it is, the scrap pile would be a good place for it. Sorry to say I would not put time and money into it

I did some research and it appears that, that stove is one of the catalytic models, maybe it might be worth fixing. might be a matter of having the section brazed which would require a pro sense brazing is a rare art form but does work on cast iron. Maybe some stove cement might do the trick

I did some research and it appears that, that stove is one of the catalytic models, maybe it might be worth fixing. might be a matter of having the section brazed which would require a pro sense brazing is a rare art form but does work on cast iron. Maybe some stove cement might do the trick
I’ll have to find a local welder. I know an old timer but don’t know his brazing skills. My biggest issue is the sequence of disassembly. Don’t want to run into dead end, which can sometimes require reassembly.

Use the forum search for "rebuild dutchwest." Couple good threads there. I don't think it's too complicated, but take pictures and think how you are going to put it back together as you take it apart. When you get cement in all the seams, you might need a ratchet strap or rope to hold all the sides in place for reassembly, as well as another pair of hands to assist.

Problem with this cheap stove is that the castings are rather thin. If they are warped too badly, reassembly could be hard or impossible.

appears that stove is one of the catalytic models, maybe it might be worth fixing.
I think so..it's a kinda cool little stove. Maybe the crack could be repaired without taking it apart?