DVL/Duraplus Chimney Installation retrofit for attic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

spidertown

Nov 7, 2023
USA
Hoping for some advice modifying my wood stove stove pipe/chimney installation!

I have an existing install in a room with a "cathedral" ceiling. DVL (double-wall) goes from the wood stove to a ceiling support box (like this) near the peak of the roof, where it transitions to DuraPlus (triple-wall) and goes up through the roof.

Due to forces outside my control, the room is being re-modeled to include an attic. I'd love to keep the existing install as much as possible.

Ideally, I'd like to buy another ceiling support box and transition to DuraPlus sooner (at the height of the new ceiling), then run DuraPlus to the bottom of the existing ceiling support box. However, I can't find any adapters to attach DuraPlus to bottom of the support box (here's the link again).

Any ideas? Maybe I'm out of luck and need to tear it down and re-install?

Thanks!

Yeah you need to pull it and re install

Reactions: spidertown