Ashful Posted By Ashful, Jul 6, 2018 at 10:30 AM

1. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Hmm... a grim picture. I've managed to keep mine alive, while most have gone. I only lost one of about ten.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sodbuster

Sodbuster
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 22, 2012
    Loc:
    Michigan
    I miss the Green Ash so I planted one in my yard. Following the advice of a Michigan State University Arborist , I do a spring and fall drench with Dominion 2L (Imacloprid) based on the trunk diameter. This guy has been able to keep a healthy stand of Green Ash in the heart of EAB infestation for about 10 years now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    If you have a well, consider switching to Safari basal trunk spray.

ED 3000 likes this.
  4. fireview2788

fireview2788
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 20, 2011
    Loc:
    SW Ohio
    I came home the other night and found a mature EAB on my garage door. He was quickly squished, I know it probably didn't do any good but it sure made me feel better.

Ashful likes this.
  5. Sodbuster

Sodbuster
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 22, 2012
    Loc:
    Michigan
    Tell that to the 4 dying Elm trees I have on my property.

6. Sodbuster

Sodbuster
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 22, 2012
    Loc:
    Michigan
    I have a well but it's far from my Ash tree, and at this point in it's life only requires about a 2 gallon drench.

7. AlbergSteve

AlbergSteve
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2017
    Loc:
    Vancouver Island
    ...and they don't just eat/kill ash...

8. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I should start a separate thread on this, but our big problem right now is Spotted Lantern Fly. A potentially much worse problem than EAB, coming to your neighborhood soon.

9. Sodbuster

Sodbuster
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 22, 2012
    Loc:
    Michigan

Fantastic, as if I'm not already dealing with Oak Wilt, and Dutch Elm disease. I'm going to start planting Ficus trees.

10. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    The SLF is wiping out a lot of trees in our area, even worse than the EAB. The fruit trees are being completely destroyed, but walnuts and maples are taking a huge hit, as well. Invest in insecticides.

11. Soundchasm

Soundchasm
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 27, 2011
    Loc:
    Dayton, OH
    Ed, I agree we all need to be responsible, especially when it comes to groundwater. I'm also on a well. My neighbor had to drill a new well for whatever reason, and his well guy said our water that we're tapping comes from MANY miles away. It was at least tens if not 100 miles away.

Anyway, if his explanation was correct, if I corrupt my soil here in Dayton, it's going to be the people in Cincinnati that pay the bill.