Earth Stove? Anybody know what this is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2mileshi

Mar 4, 2014
Colorado
We just bought a cabin that has this stove installed. The cabin was built in 1980, and has a Earth stove 100 series installed in the basement. I can't find an ID plate on the upstairs stove, but it looks to be an earth stove as well. It's got a blower installed in the back and what looks like a 3/4" steel pipe that may be a heat exchanger (?) running back and forth through the firebox. The pipe is not hooked to anything and has balls of aluminum foil stuffed into the openings, so I'm thinking the previous owners were not taking advantage of this particular feature :). I'm new to woodburning and plan to spend a lot more time educating myself on this website before I use this beast. What I've been able to gather so far is that Earthstoves were: Wood hogs that were highly regarded, really well built, and able to throw a lot of heat. I'd welcome any input or suggestions. upstairs2.JPG upstairs front.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.