Eastern U.S. to bask in unusually warm conditions to start November

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should come live in Icy Hollow .... I've had both stoves cranking twice.

Subtract 10 F when you see the temps on News 12 here :mad:

Dix do you live in some twilight zone alternate reality arctic Long Island? It was 70 degrees here up north, I was out in a tee shirt...

I bought a brandy-new snow blower. Ain't gonna get any snow this year! You can thank me later...

Reactions: Wildo
I bought a brandy-new snow blower. Ain't gonna get any snow this year! You can thank me later...

Friend of mine bought a new truck and plow for his new snow plowing business . . . and a newer used sled . . . I figure this pretty much guarantees us to have little snow.

My sister meanwhile says the temp is below zero and they have about 6 inches of snow on the ground . . . in Alaska . . . which seems to run opposite of us weather-wise.

Yeah my new tractor and snow blade mean we won't see much I figure.

I finished paying for the splitter and the lawn tractor with plow & cart.

:p

My sister meanwhile says the temp is below zero and they have about 6 inches of snow on the ground . . . in Alaska . . . which seems to run opposite of us weather-wise.
Indeed. This bodes well.

Not if you like snowmobiling. ;) :)
Tell you what - let's divide the state in half. The northern half can get buried. The southern half will get just enough to go snowshoeing.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Be careful what you say.... the beginning of last winter was quite mild as well.. Xmas was green here, then Jan/ Feb came around and we got pounded.

Be careful what you say.... the beginning of last winter was quite mild as well.. Xmas was green here, then Jan/ Feb came around and we got pounded.

Not here . . . got some snow in October . . . quite a bit melted away, but some stuck . . . another storm around Thanksgiving . . . same thing happened . . . and then another storm in December . . . and January . . . and February.

I will admit . . . I love snow . . . but by the end of February I too was tired of plowing snow.

I am still just running my minisplit for heat and haven't burned yet in northern NH. I do have to leave it on one setting as it doesn't have much extra capacity to catch up if I turn it down. It did snow this past weekend and the local mountains are white.

Not here . . . got some snow in October . . . quite a bit melted away, but some stuck . . . another storm around Thanksgiving . . . same thing happened . . . and then another storm in December . . . and January . . . and February.

I will admit . . . I love snow . . . but by the end of February I too was tired of plowing snow.

I love the snow also, but I hate digging out fire hydrants, our town dpw doesn't think its there job to do that, they leave the hydrant snow removal to us volunteers which stinks.

Snow is fun. But snow every day, sucks.
In central NY, sometimes it snows practically every day. Driving on ice, salt and snow, every day...and scraping off your car, every day...gets really old.

Plus, I hate what salt does to my vehicles.

Snow is fun. But snow every day, sucks.
In central NY, sometimes it snows practically every day. Driving on ice, salt and snow, every day...and scraping off your car, every day...gets really old.

Plus, I hate what salt does to my vehicles.
We had that last year down this way. We get snow and cold but not all day every day like we had. It does wear you out after awhile. I know everyone got hammered last year with cold and snow, let's hope this year is more of a typical year.

Finally had the first fire of the season this past weekend. Just means I'm getting further ahead on next years wood

I grew up in Buffalo, NY. The first winter I can remember clearly is the "Blizzard of '77."

I am ok with mild winters.

I grew up in Buffalo, NY. The first winter I can remember clearly is the "Blizzard of '77."

Worked with a woman in Dallas that went around bragging about quitting because her husband got a promotion and they were being transferred to Buffalo in 1977. They got moved in just in time for the blizzard. She didn't crow so much anymore. And also said "Can you believe that they actually want chicken wings? The part we pretty much just threw away. No meat."

Reactions: HisTreeNut
And also said "Can you believe that they actually want chicken wings? The part we pretty much just threw away. No meat."
Mmmm...chicken wings. Who would of thought they would be so popular? We ate wings all the time as kids because we were a large family and you could get 5 pounds of wings for next to nothing.

As a native NY'ker (having lived in most states on the East coast), being back in the upstate area is a sure fire way to get good wings and pizza. Living in SC, GA an NC...I really missed the selection of great I'talian places.

But, I really miss the weather in those areas and the almost year round motorcycle riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.