Easy Autumn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoiledOver

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2013
43°58'55 N - 85°20' W
The weather has been rather mild and the wood pile shows it. The covered firewood is 4 stacks deep @ 19" (1.58 feet) x 16 feet x 5.5 feet tall. Two and a half months into the heating season used about one half of a cord. How is your firewood looking?

Firewood.jpg

Last edited:
At least two here...........(ahead not burnt )

bob

Last edited:
I had a cord left over that I was planning on burning last year. I just moved it to the barn next to the house to stay dry. It was all ash and walnut that had been in the stacks for three years so it should burn great.

i have gone through roughly 1/2 cord since october.... November was one of the warmest on record here though.

Been through about 3/4 cord. that's about 1/2 cord less than average. Next two weeks are forecast to be below average here, so we may catch up some. Feels good to have plenty on hand though.

1/2 cord run through since October. Cold weather ahead will change that.

I would say 3/4 of a cord 95% of it hemlock 5% white birch. I will be getting into the ash just in time for Christmas.

Really not sure how much I've burnt so far - I got rid of some uglies from the campfire pile, and some softwood and punky stuff, and some lumber scraps. Really haven't started on this year's wood yet - until today. Started hauling in the red oak, of which I have 6 cords set aside for this winter, and over 20 for future years.

Really not sure how much I've burnt so far - I got rid of some uglies from the campfire pile, and some softwood and punky stuff, and some lumber scraps. Really haven't started on this year's wood yet - until today. Started hauling in the red oak, of which I have 6 cords set aside for this winter, and over 20 for future years.
Today has really been the first day of cold for us Virginians. I'm sitting at 28 degrees in Central VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.