Econoburn 200 Indoor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer56

Oct 19, 2014
Southampton NJ
I just received my unit last week. I have been reading lots of articles on how to do the plumbing and I am seriously confused now on the right way to do it. I can do all the plumbing work just not sure of the piping sizes and the proper layout. I would rather ask for help than to spend all the money to do it wrong. I will be adding a 500 gallon unpressurized tank with the system.

the house is just under 5000 sq ft using forced hot air that runs on propane. Last year the bills in the winter were averaging 750.00 a month. I have two heating units so I will be using two water to air heat exchangers. I would also like to heat the basement with radiant baseboard or a hanging fan unit. (additional square footage)

any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Racer
If you use a unpressurized storage tank you will need a heat exchanger because the boiler is a pressurized one.
I have 1 1/2 copper pipe from my 200 to my storage tanks.Then i use 1 1/4 between the tanks,1 1/4 to feed my heat exchanger that i use to separate my wood boiler and storage from my backup boiler and house.I used a heat exchanger there because my underground lines,backup boiler and house all are on the glycol side of the heat ex.The 200 and storage have water in them.i have 2 1" lines feeding my house and 2 1" return.
Any particular reason for unpressurized storage?
Thomas

Hi Racer
If you use a unpressurized storage tank you will need a heat exchanger because the boiler is a pressurized one.
I have 1 1/2 copper pipe from my 200 to my storage tanks.Then i use 1 1/4 between the tanks,1 1/4 to feed my heat exchanger that i use to separate my wood boiler and storage from my backup boiler and house.I used a heat exchanger there because my underground lines,backup boiler and house all are on the glycol side of the heat ex.The 200 and storage have water in them.i have 2 1" lines feeding my house and 2 1" return.
Any particular reason for unpressurized storage?
Thomas

I can not get any tanks in my basement and the boiler is in my garage. don't want to give up anymore room in the garage. thanks for the reply!

I can not get any tanks in my basement and the boiler is in my garage. don't want to give up anymore room in the garage. thanks for the reply!

Do you have room to add a small addition on gable end of garage for two vertical 500 propane tanks. I would consider that if doing mine again.

you would probably only need a 6'x10' pad. for tank enclosure.

gg

Do you have room to add a small addition on gable end of garage for two vertical 500 propane tanks. I would consider that if doing mine again.

you would probably only need a 6'x10' pad. for tank enclosure.

gg

The garage is on the front corner of the house and we live in a development that has an association (restrictions). we are limited to what we can do outside the house, no where to conceal it. have to do with whatever I can get in the basement.

I had to reclassify my garage ad a wood storage facility to make the ins co happy. But this wsdnt my main garage for the house. But it did have an overhead door, which they didn't like.

But on the same property I have a large truck garage. Asked that Ins co about s boiler in the garage, they hsf no problem. Also where I live we only have a plumbing inspector. No building inspectors. Which is good, the plumbing used to be a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.