econoburn eb-100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Spacegrass

Aug 27, 2020
New York
hello everyone not sure if i am posting in the right place or not but here it goes. I have a 2008 Econoburn boiler i was given because the previous owner hated the unit. I strongly disagree with him and was happy for the gift. with the boiler installed and ready to go as soon as i put it into run mode the over temp alarm sounds and light comes on. I'm sure the previous owner played with the factory settings. would anyone happen to know these settings or what could be causing this problem? any help would be awesome lol winter is coming!

Is that just the alarm systems check? Or does it stay on...might need to hit a reset to silence it?
Not too uncommon for safety systems to do this...the Kuuma furnace sounds the over-temp alarm upon startup too...

Call Dale at Econoburn in Brockton,NY , he's the guy that designed the boiler and will help you with your tech questions. He has never failed to a answer my tech questions. Where in NY are you? Bruce

The original controllers that came on the Econoburn units from that era had issues.
I have the 200 modle and my original control only lasted a couple years.
Post a picture of your controller if you can.A picture of the actual controller not just the face.

What did the PO have for issues that he decided to bail on the boiler?
Personally i have been using mine for 12 years,and if i was to need another Econoburn would be a first choice,and a guage to compare others too.

sorry cat ran across my laptop lmao oh well anyway i don't believe he had a clue as to what he was doing. he claimed it wouldn't burn the thing was loaded with creosote. so it was a freebee i was happy to take off his hands. i have talked with dale alot during the install and yes he is very helpful. i just don't wanna be that guy who keeps calling him. and after being a diesel mechanic for 25 years i figure i should be able to figure this dam thing out. however my knowledge of boilers is limited. any help you guys could give me would be great. i wish i found this site before i installed the dam thing.

Reactions: sloeffle
Sounds like the PO had no idea on wood quality.
Burn dry seasoned wood with storage= zero creasote.
There is a 300 in town here that is exactly the same.It replaced a CB water heater but the operators use it the same as the CB. Green wood that has just been cleared from lot development ect.
The only way it will work now is with the upper door open.Not much use last year.
I am waiting for them to bail on it.I have offered to help them learn how to use it and set it up with storage.
Not interested,it's a government so they will replace it at some point.

ok so Dale emailed me the factory settings for the controller lmfao turns out the guy had the low limit set to 150 thats why an alarm was triggering. however the problem now is the fan wont run and alarm 1 light lights up and the fan wont run but no actual alarm? Dale wants to sell me a new controller for $600. I'm sure it will solve all my problems however i don't believe the actual controller is bad? i'm leaning more twards the nimbus board. It looks like complete chit from sitting in a garage for 5 years.

Attachments

• 118690784_1702593596582304_5677108447363355402_n.jpg
    118690784_1702593596582304_5677108447363355402_n.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 118680829_3243661469003471_4353200076324194504_n.jpg
    118680829_3243661469003471_4353200076324194504_n.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 232
i found a new nimbus board on ebay for $55 and a refurbished tc33 controller for $80 i hate to sound cheap but we're on a tight budget and this seems like the better route than purchasing a complete new control unit off of Dale for $600. any advice or input would be appreciated.

I'd snag 'em even if just for spare parts...never know when you need that stuff during heating season...

Reactions: Spacegrass
@Spacegrass I also just acquired the same model, the board and controls were shot on mine, a few cheap sensors and some relays from Amazon and I have all of the original control fuction plus end of burn shut down and main circ stays running after end of burn and all other functions have stopped to cool boiler. not sure if I could draw it all up or not but I do have a drawing done for the end of burn ciruit that I sent to @salecker to use with the original control set up

Reactions: MickMorley
@Spacegrass feel free to PM me and shoot me your number I will see what I can come up, I think in total for all the controls I maybe 150 bucks in it

@Spacegrass feel free to PM me and shoot me your number I will see what I can come up, I think in total for all the controls I maybe 150 bucks in it
ok thank you thats awesome. i ordered the controller and the nimbus board. they should be here next week. i feel stupid for asking this but what is the end of burn cycle? does the original controller already have this? or is this an upgrade?

end of burn shut down is not in the original control, it is for when you have storage and burn until the fire goes out, then this control comes in and shuts down the circ and the blower for the boiler

ok so i called automation direct and explained that the tc-33 controller needed to be replaced. the tech told me that they had a direct replacement called a solo 4848-cr for only $107. The controller looks awesome however i am not confident that i can program it lol

I likewise simply obtained a similar model, the board and controls were shot on mine, a couple of modest sensors and a few transfers from Amazon and I have the entirety of the first control work in addition to the end of torch shut and the fundamental circ remains to pursue the finish of consuming and all different capacities have halted to cool kettle. not certain on the off chance that I could draw everything up or not however I do have a drawing accomplished for the finish of consuming circuit that I sent to @salecker to use with the first control set up

so the system seems to be running awesome! the solo 48x48-cr has other features the tc-33 didn't.
Hi Could you elaborate on your statement?Like what is a solo 48x48 and a tc-33 ?
Thanks