EF 2 Auger Specs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

charger1966

Nov 21, 2008
UpState New York
Hello, Is there anyone out there that could tell me the Torque Spec on the Enviro EF 2 Auger Motor? My stove is now 8 years old and has developed another problem. It will not burn pellets that are made of Hard wood. It will burn the cheaper mixed brands. It seams that the auger gets jammed up and the auger motor doesn't have the torque to break the hard wood pellets. Do these motors loose their torque over time?I am thinking of installing the 175 inch pound of torque auger motor into it. What are your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance. Lance

What motor do you have now? manufacturers name and part number should be on it.
I see listed motor that appears to be a direct replacement Envirofire Auger Motor EF-001 1 RPM
http://woodheatstoves.com/envirofire-auger-motor-ef001-1-rpm-p-9589.html
This appears to be a Gleason Avery motor that has been a popular replacement motor. their A901 is a 1.2 RPM motor but seems to make little difference. Run torque is 110 " lbs and stall 200 " lbs. It is a CW motor but can be easily reversed, their price is $83.99.
http://www.gleasonavery.com/catalog/pellet-corn-stove-motors.html

charger1966 said:
....I am thinking of installing the 175 inch pound of torque auger motor into it......
Lance, can you give us a web address to a place that has this 175 in/lb auger motor? Or manufacturer and model number?

The Gleason-Avery unit mentioned above is a pretty HD unit, and that only runs at 110 in.lb.

Status
Not open for further replies.