Efel Harmony Coal Auto Damper Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2005
I have an Efel Harmony Coal stove. It works great. I do have one question regarding the Auto damper9draft controll) function.
When i set initial adjustment according to the Booklet, it says when stove is cold, position the thermostat at minimum and adjust so damper is open 1mm. After setting this adjustment I find that as soon as the stove gets warm, the damper is closed completly on all but the highest settings. does this seem right.

If any one out there has this stove could you check and eyeball you damper at different setings and stove temps so i might set this thing right.

Thanks

That is normal..My efel does the samething.It's designed to open and close as necc to prevent overfiring and to maintain a constant steady heat

Status
Not open for further replies.