Efel Kamina - Need Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rocksunderwater

Nov 7, 2021
NY
Hello Everyone! First post: I recently bought this 1930's seasonal cabin in the Catskills, NY, It came with this stove. The cabin is only about 400sq ft. After a google search I determined this is an Efel Kamina from the 70's. Can anyone give me advice on this stove? Is it overkill for a 400sq ft Uninsulated cabin? I will be only using this cabin 3 seasons, so into the late fall & early spring Stove usage mainly. I'm familiar w/the Jotul 602 stove , was kind of thinking of going that route....

IMG_7446.jpg

Almost nothing is overkill for an ice-cold cabin in the winter, but for occasional spring or fall use, it will be ok. The question is, what condition is it in? The same goes for the flue system. It doesn't look like there's any ember protection. Is the floor wood?

Here's the manual for this stove:

Last edited: