EKO 60, DIY Install???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used my aquastat to help with the problem of having the cooling EKO drain the heat from my tank. It is on the input side of my HX so that the tank is only charging when the HX is at 175 or better. When the temp reaches 175 in the boiler side of the HX a circulating pump is activated to charge the tank. There was an interesting thread on this here discussing differential temperature controllers but in the end I also had an aquastat that I put to good use that I didn't know why they included in my package.

In my case I am totally tank dependent since my zones are coming from the tank ( Or at least the tank side of the HX ). I have it up and running just in time for some 15 degree nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.