Electronic control for Greenwood 100 (Heat retention unit)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrparty

Hearth Supporter
Apr 21, 2009
Lansing MI area
Does anyone know how to program the LED unit? I'd like to reduce my damper cutoff from 140 degrees down to about 130. Any suggestions? Has anyone been able to find a remote temperature gauge that can be added to this unit so you can have a reader in the house??

Welcome aboard, Dude. While your nic is funny, I'd encourage you to get over your beef with 'the Company'. They suck. Well, more correctly, they sucked. But the unit itself is a good design. It does need a few enhancements. Some won't be here till next season.

Having said that, have you tried www.profabgroup.com ? In case you are not aware, they are making the parts for the GW. They may be able to help you.

Jimbo

Hey you're from my neck of the woods!

How far away from your house is the unit?

I do know how to program the controler!!! I am at work right now and can't think of the link. Last year I searched the manufacture of the controller. Had to go pretty far back through google results but I found and printed the instructions for reseting or changing parameters of the controller. I will look at home tonight and get back to you. If you post the name of the control manufacture I may be able to repeat the search for you.

This may be the one! www.dixell.com/linea58/download/XR30C-D_GB.pdf

Dixell.com
Italian made controller actually used for refrigeration or cooling applications. I read the prompts carefully and played with the high low settings. I still have mine close the intake door at 140 degrees for heat retention but I ramped it up to 200 for the high setting if the unit over fires and hits 200 in shuts the damper. I have not had any boilover issues since.

Check your paper work for the controller and make sure you have the same model as I do. knowing Greenwood they may have used several different controllers?

Company is not on the top of my list but like the other guys are saying the unit is simple and performs well!

Burning Chunk,

You are the man!! I'll confirm but I'm quite sure that mine is the XR30C series! THANK YOU for passing it along!!

I'm considering dropping the close temp down to 130 to see if I can reduce the amount of coals that just seem to build up when I'm running on a series of cold days. I think the top end is at 200 where I will leave it. I think its only kicked in once while I didn't have my aquastat connected to the zone properly in the house.

Thanks again!! Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.