Elite blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fxdl3000

Dec 2, 2022
entrelacs,qc
hi , this is my first post but i often red the forum.

i owm a Bis Tradition (2 doors model) fireplace, i need to buy new blowers, it will be the 3rd time in 10 years, and i use the fireplace several year whitout blower because of the price to replace them and the short lives they have,

i found a those model : https://fireplaceblowersonline.com/...bis-lennox-security-superior-wood-fireplaces/

they offer an upgrade call ELITE blower claiming more resistant to heat and with no bearings,

my question is , any one used them or have advice for me to decide, thank you

ps english is not my main language so sorry for grammatical error.

christian

This has come up a few times. It's the outer bearings that frequently fail with the standard blowers. I think this is the first time I have seen these alternative blowers offered for the BIS /Lennox/Astria Tradition fireplace. The Elite is a centrifugal-style blower that eliminates the outside support bearing in the tangential blower. The other problem with the original blowers is that they were not high heat designed. It looks like the Elite addresses this with high-temp insulation and high-temp grease for the motor bearings. This company specializes in blowers, so it's nice that they have found an alternative to offer.

Reactions: fxdl3000