Smoke in house, Country Elite E260 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I was able to contact Ihp.us.com tech support 1(800) 655-2008 #2 #3 they could not provide a manual for a 1991 model stove and they said due to liability issues they could not tell me what type of stainless they use on the secondary tubes. But they informed me that the Country Elite E260 has not changed from the current model C260 and if I ordered the secondary burn tube kit part number H5569 it will fit my stove, all I need to do is cut the old welded tubes out and the kit comes with all the mounting hardware. That's if I want to spend $444.45 I priced stainless tubing and its only $60. But I have no idea if the original tubes are made with some special process or they are just plain old stainless tubes with holes drilled in them, if you know chime in.

So tell me, if they never changed the design of the stove from 1991 how can the current models be EPA approved and a 1991 model isn't. Basically my stove will burn just as clean as a new EPA approved Legacy C260.

The only difference that I see is that they changed from baffle bricks to baffle boards, is that going to make it burn cleaner.