Embedded Youtube videos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2011
N. central Ia.
About a week or so ago I noticed that embedded YT videos wont play on this or any other site. Push the play arrow and the box goes black. I'm useing IE8, installed the latest Adobe flash player, Java script is enabled. Videos on the YT site play fine, it's just the ones that are embedded on other sites like this 1. Any ideas? Thanks.

Virus protection / Firewall blocking??
Everything checks out ok. System scans with anivirus and windows defender come up neg. Firewall settings have not been altered.

Everything checks out ok. System scans with anivirus and windows defender come up neg. Firewall settings have not been altered.

Meaning: your virus protection and or firewall could be blocking access to hyperlinked content.(youtube)

I just got the dreaded "Dept of Justice" virus on my PC yesterday. It demands a $300 fine to be sent to some scumbad via a money pak from wal-mart in order to obtain a code unlock your system. I was only on 2 sites,hearth .com and the weather channel.com. Locks up your whole machine and not that easy to get rid of. HAd to get debugging instructions from an uninfected computer.

Meaning: your virus protection and or firewall could be blocking access to hyperlinked content.(youtube)
I'll check that. I can open normal links that are posted like your splitter build link in your sig. Just cant get the embedded vids to play. It just suddenly happened.

Happened to me six months ago. I will see if I can find the info again but something changes a registry setting for Adobe Flash.and you have to regedit it to get back in business. It only affects watching stuff on some sites.

Uninstall adobe flash player and disable the plugins. Re-install flash. Bet it works.
Or of BroB can come up with the regedit entry, that might take less time. Either way, it should not be a big deal.

i had flash crap out on me about a week ago after an update...unistall, reinstall...good to go. the more PC's change, the more they stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.