Empire St Clair series anyone use these

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MoparMan

Mar 15, 2022
PA
I was looking at a quadrafie or an astria ladera zero clearance wood stove but there are none to be found. The STove shop found an empire st clair in stock. I never heard of this brand any familiar with them? I would appreciate any feed back!

That company bought sbi from quebec

also i know this is a matter of taste i had something like the first pic in mind my wife likes both any one have pictures of a fireplace with the big square faceplate and a stone surround? i image once it is all said and done it will look good as well?

i was envisioning the arched design without a face plate like this one

1660146413330.png
this one requires a face plate it looks similar to what i have which looks ok what do you think? i
1660146427552.png
this is what i have now
1660146616862.png

I like the arch look myself.but I know zippo about inserts

I like the arch look myself.but I know zippo about inserts
me too, but i found some pictures where they created a arch about the square fireplace with stone and they look pretty good maybe i will just go with it

Last edited:
SBI is building quite an empire of stoves and stove companies. They also acquired Englander this year.