Empyre Elite 100 Pounding out the heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate everyones concern about the wood. I have burned wood for 40 years. I know not to burn wet wood. For the first 4 months this year I had wood that had been split and racked for over a year. I do not cut any live trees in the first place. I tend to only cut dead wood that has lost its bark. Most of it is as dry as bowling pins. I have cleaned this boiler every Saturday morning since I have owned it. I will get the tubes polished down this weekend. There is not a creosote build up in the boiler. And I have not chopped up the interior of my boiler yet to see if it has plugged passages. If Pro Fab knows this is a problem, in the new ones do they have acsess ports already in the boilers or do you have to butcher a new boiler. My boiler just does not perform the way it was sold to me., Jim

Used my new tube cleaner this morning, it worked great. An 8dollar cutterhead from menards and 4 feet ot sealtite and a cordless drill. polished the tubes right up. ther was much less in them than I expected. May light a fire tonight just to see if it helped at all. Jim

Reactions: pelletdude
Used my new tube cleaner this morning, it worked great. An 8dollar cutterhead from menards and 4 feet ot sealtite and a cordless drill. polished the tubes right up. ther was much less in them than I expected. May light a fire tonight just to see if it helped at all. Jim

Sweet!! Keep us posted.

Erin

Sweet!! Keep us posted.

Erin
Had to light the boiler tonight. It's SNOWING, already have at least three inches, supposed to snow for the next 48 hours. this is some kind of a cruel joke. Last year I had my corn all planted by now. I can't even drive on the fields yet. Staying right around freezing for the next three days. I was hoping not to even start the boiler again.

Muleman, man that sucks. 48 hours of snow in may??!!! I hear ya though about the corn, we can't get in the feilds yet either. Haven't even knifed the anhydrous yet. What a difference a year makes. We had like 5 days in the 80s in feb 2012!

Erin

Weather Update. At 5am 12inches wet snow on deck, still snowing hard even now. 8 inches of snow on 5/4 deck rail. Snow is so heavy that I'm putting on my small bucket on my tractor to plow snow, not a small tractor either (90 hp 7635 NH front wheel drive) . My boss has told everybody to just stay home and I just work in the shop don't even go out with the crews. Called my seed dealer neighbor and told him I wanted to change my corn (joking so far) he said he wanted to also. He doesn't have power (REA) , I do (NSP) . He had seed semi's coming this morning said they got them stopped before they got out of Iowa. This will be with us a little while. The boiler is churning out heat , one good thing this morning. Jim

Pretty hard to tell as it is 38* out now and was only 31* last night and down to 32* tonight. I hope it helps but as I said there really wasn't that much in them. The snow has collapsed but still all here. Should be a wet weekend. Supposed to hit 51* . Jim

How much heat do you Empyre owners estimate is lost through the shell of the unit? Enough to warm its own small space, a garage, or near none?

The Elite will heat a very small space. It does a very good job of retaining heat. My boiler room is 8x20 and stayed in the forty range this year.My old boiler would be well over 100*.

Status
Not open for further replies.