England 10cdv trying to turn stirrer back on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lloyd the redneck

Feeling the Heat
Dec 6, 2016
Western mn
I can't seem to find in the manual how to turn the stirrer back on. It's a 05 model new to me just installed. Works great the guy I got it from burned pellets , and turned the stirrer off. And I want to burn corn so I need the stirrer to spin! Any help would be very much appreciated

Hi Lloyd pg 14 in your manual

CORN START-UP PROCEDURE When starting the stove with corn, push the “AIR ON TEMP” button and hold, which will rotate the Stirrer mechanism in the Burnpot. Release the button when the Stirrer is straight up (in the “12:00” position) before following the above instructions concerning placing the handful of pellets in the Burnpot and starting your fire. Changing from Corn to Pellets Your unit was primarily designed to burn corn, but will also burn hardwood pellets. Your unit comes ready to burn corn by default; if you would like to burn pellets in your unit, follow the steps below. WARNING: Do not open the door on this unit if the Stirrer is still moving! See instructions on “Setting the Stirrer” earlier in this manual. NOTE: Before doing these steps make sure the unit is out and completely cold!! 1. Remove the Stirrer shaft (See Illustration 2) 2. Unplug the unit and plug back in, then press the Heat Range down and Blower Speed down buttons at the same time and release. You should see a “P” in the Heat Range window. I'am assuming the letter may change to a "C" for corn and stirrer 3. Follow lighting instructions. PELLET START-UP PROCEDURE NOTE: When burning only pellets, remove Stirrer from Burnpot. See Illustration 2. While you will not follow the instructions in the above “Corn Start-Up Procedure,” you will follow the instructions on “Changing from Corn to Pellets” and the other “Start-Up Procedures” in the preceding “Operating Instructions” section of this manual. If the unit does not start or maintain a fire, you will receive an E-2 in the Heat Range and Blower Speed window of the Control Board. If this occurs, wait until unit has cooled completely down and repeat. To remove the Stirrer for burning pellets While the unit is COLD and the unit is off, press and hold the Air On Temp button until the Stirrer is at the “12:00” position; loosen the Allen head Set Screw (marked in Illustration 2). Slide the locking collar (also marked in Illustration 2) to the Burnpot. Lifting the Burnpot and Stirrer at the same time, remove the Stirrer from the Burnpot and replace Burnpot back into the unit. NOTE: When replacing the Burnpot, notice there is a welded piece that is always set toward the back of the Firebox.

I tried that pushing buttons thing and I can't get it to even say p but I may not be doing it right. Unplugged let it sit a while plugged back in and pushed and held the buttons various different times. I held them till the screens went blank and still nothing. I am not a good reader either so maybe I'm not understanding

I would give England stove works a call. there may be some others that know im not that familiar with the corn stoves