England Pellet Stove - Control Board Change

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RWilliams

Feb 14, 2021
Wellsburg, WV
I have a pellet stove (England SmartStove) top mount control board, has anyone ever switched to the side mount that allows for adjustments? Is this possible? I’m looking at it due to it not heating the space well (basement - 900ft2) it only gets it up to 67-68°. I have fresh air plumbed in from outside & about 6’ of vent pipe until it is outside to free air. I’m waiting on a firmware update from England. But looking at options to make this stove more efficient. The flames are minimal (usually around the height of the burn pot). I cleaned the whole unit including fresh air and exhaust piping. Any one have further guidance?

I placed a thermometer in front of the room air discharge and it’s in the 100-120 degree range depending on pellets. I have tried multiple brands of pellets from local tractor supply, rural king & Menards. Menards have burnt the hottest so far and with least amount of ash.

In order to change over you will probably have to change the harness along with cutting a hole in the side to install the new board. I would replace the stove and sell the old one.

In order to change over you will probably have to change the harness along with cutting a hole in the side to install the new board. I would replace the stove and sell the old one.

It already has the cutout and everything for the side mount control panel, can anyone that has a side mount tell me what wires they have?

Yours has a 14pin dual row molex connector, and sensors use 2pin single row molex. The other board uses spade connectors for all connections. If you are proficient at reading wiring schematics you can convert your harness if there is enough wire

Time to upgrade the unit with a new one I'd say.