england stove works pellet stove error E2. please help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jaykhjr

Dec 20, 2019
pittsburgh
Hello I have a england stove works 25-pdvc/55-shp10... the bottom auger turns but the top does not.

When I turn it on the fans start blowing and after about 15 seconds I get E2 error.

This is my first peller stove and the guy i bought the house from replaced both auger motors right before he sold the place.

On a multimeter, I get a blip of 120v going to the auger motor for 1 second or less after I hit the one button, then back to 0 volts...

Is the control board bad? Any ideas?

Thanks all!

check vac hose for cracks on each end of the connections. check that your hopper lid switch is making contact. stove has been thoroughly cleaned from burn pot to chimney cap. if need be you can jump the hopper lid switch and vac switch with a paper clip to test.

Thank you both. I hope to test/check all that later this week. I looked for the hopper safety switch quickly but didnt see one. I'll have to look more closely.