England we will not damper down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Englands15ssw01

Jan 21, 2023
Pa
My englands15ssw01 will not damper down after it got really hot. One night I couldn’t get the fire to start. I left the dampers open and fell asleep. Now I can not get it to to secondary burn. Looks like only 1 tube is burning?
The gaskets and window seals are good. I just put them in about a month ago.
I use to be able to open it up, get it going, then put the secondary burn on and damper it down and go to bed. Not anymore. Now it gets up to 500 f and I close the pipe damper and the secondary burn on and it just keeps climbing. I figured the only thing I could replace would the the actuator. But it didn’t make a difference. Can anyone help me out? It’s a simple stove and can’t get it to damper down.
I’ve attached a pic of the fire at 700F I dampered down at 500 and secondary burn on.

5C5673FE-2384-4DAB-AD6E-3972934FA98E.jpeg