Englander 10-CDV Auger Motor Issues...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlBob

Nov 22, 2008
Mid Michigan
Already emailed Mike the following...

Last Saturday, I was able to talk to someone in customer service regarding a grinding noise coming from the auger motor. It was a very loud "gear grinding" kind of noise, yet the auger continued to feed pellets as needed.

As I mentioned to the gentleman on the phone, I checked auger alignment, made sure the tube was clear of debris, etc. This was a noise that just developed after a little over a week of the unit operating normally. This unit had only been in service for the week prior to the noise, as it was purchased new last month.

Anyway, a new auger motor was sent out without much hesitation. We received the new motor in perfect condition and I completed the replace ment. This is where things get interesting... The motor will not power up now. I tried switching back to the old motor and still nothing. I checked to make sure that the vacuum switch still works, all ok there. I ran diagnostic mode and manually tried to power the motor, no luck. I put test leads on the terminal pins to see (in diagnostic mode, when auger is commanded on) if power is getting to the motor - nothing.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

:question:

Status
Not open for further replies.