Englander 10-CPM Low Pellet Feed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Atomicskr

Nov 20, 2018
Annapolis, MD
I have a 2009 10-CPM and it doesn’t appear to be feeding enough pellets. They drop regularly every 6 seconds..... but even on heat setting nine there is t much of a flame. Stove was just cleaned and there doesn’t appear to be anything jammed in the auger. Any ideas? Could it be a weak auger motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try bumping up your low fuel setting on control board. It was the only way i solved my problem with 25 EPI insert. Not sure if my control board is messed up but I have it running great right now using that method/work around. I was having the exact problem you are describing. my auger on time is now long enough to feed decent amount of pellets to burn pot.

Reactions: Atomicskr and Ssyko
I tried that last night. I set the heat range in 9 and the low fuel feed to 9...... and still doesn’t seem like it’s feeding enough..... when I first started burning the stove it would go through a bag in about 10 hours set in heat range 9. Now it’s taking around 14 hours.

any power outages, brown outs or surges? stove on a good surge protector? there seems to be a rash of these englander stoves with out of the blue feed timing issues.

Reactions: Atomicskr
No power outages or surges that I’m aware of. The stove is on a surge protector.... maybe I could check the resistance across the auger motor? Any idea what that value should be?

If the auger is working at any setting I believe it is ok, im thinking you have a control board problem. Is the stove on manual? It’s acting like its in auto mode and no tstat hooked up to it.

Reactions: Atomicskr
Same problem here with 25 EPI. I have to ask, how can you verify or set control board to manual? I only see 2 possibilities 00 and hi low

I’m guessing that the stove is on manual. The feed rate does adjust with the heat range and the low fuel feed. The issue is that even with both set to 9 it does not seem to be feeding enough pellets.

Time to call ESW.

Atom

I'm currently working around the issue by setting low fuel feed to setting 5. This allows for a decent flame and plenty of heat. If your auger tube is clear and the stove and pipe is clean, I'd assume a control board issue which is what i believe i am experiencing.